Gifford Briggs oversees the lobbying and governmental affairs for LOGA. He also directs the Political Action Committees of the Louisiana Oil and Gas Association (LOGPAC, RIGPAC, DRILLPAC). In addition Briggs manages the website design, social media outreach, video production and the marketing identity of the Association.
Briggs first joined LOGA (formerly LIOGA) in 1994 while attending college at LSU. He served as the Membership Coordinator and helped organize many firsts for LOGA, including the first annual meeting, Gulf Coast Prospect & Shale Expo, and board meetings. He later moved to Atlanta to pursue a career in restaurant management. He returned to LOGA in 2007.
He is married to Jackie Wright, and the couple currently resides in Lafayette with their sons, Gifford Ashley Briggs, Jr and Maxwell Wright Briggs. and their daughter, Chloe Lane Briggs.
Industry Affiliations, Boards and Commissions
- Ground Water Management Advisory Task Force – Governor Appointee
- Louisiana Association of Business and Industry (LABI) – Energy Council, Tax Council, Small Business Council, Environmental Quality Council
- Association of Louisiana Lobbyists (ALL) – Member
- Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC)- Member
- Council for a Better Louisiana (CABL)- Member
- The Bayou Church, Lafayette – Member
- Lafayette Charter Foundation – Founding Board Member, Secretary
- Lafayette Youth Soccer Association – Coach, Past Commissioner
- Leadership Lafayette – Class XXIII Graduate
- Leadership Lafayette – Program Committee Member
- Downtown Lafayette Unlimited – Past Board of Director
- American Heartwalk Leadership Team – Past Member
- the705 – Past Board of Director
- Top 20 Under 40 presented by the Daily Advertiser & the705
- Lafayette Education Foundation – King of ReProm